I came upon this Tridosha website about what type of a person I am from Ayurvedic perspective.
What are Ayurvedic doshas?
As per Ayurvedic philosophy, it is known that the universe is made up of five elements: air, fire, water, earth and ether. These are the vital energies that make up our physical and mental constitution These elements are represented in human body by three doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. The balance of these doshas governs the health and well-being of the individual.
What are these three doshas?
- Vata pertains to air and ether elements. This energy is generally seen as the force, which directs nerve impulses, circulation, respiration, and elimination.
- Kapha pertains to water and earth elements. Kapha is responsible for growth and protection. The mucous lining of the stomach, and the cerebral-spinal fluid that protects the brain and spinal column are examples of kapha.
- Pitta pertains to fire and water elements. This dosha governs metabolism, e.g., the transformation of foods into nutrients. Pitta is also responsible for metabolism in the organ and tissue systems.
How can they be cured or balanced?
- Ayurvedic treatments are primarily dietary and herbal.
- Ayurvedic massages
- Yoga (Yoga has the treatment and answers to all problems – physical and mental)
- Lifestyle changes (mainly for vata predominant people)
If you want to take the test click here.
Until next time, Stay Healthy , Stay Safe