Laughing at Yourself Made Easy
Laughing at yourself is liberating. Instead of feeling frustrated by your shortcomings or embarrassed about looking foolish, you can experience a little amusement when things go awry.
- Promote healing. Humor takes the sting out of sensitive issues.
- Reduce stress. Trying to impress others or live up to rigid expectations can be exhausting and even undermine your health. Letting go of that tension allows you to relax.
- Take more risks. Striving towards challenging goals expands your skills and knowledge. You may not succeed on the first try, but you’ll keep drawing closer when you stay cheerful.
- Increase your energy levels. Laughter is invigorating. Your mind and body get a dynamic workout as you take in more oxygen and pump up your circulation.
- Enhance your relationships. Trying to prove you’re right strains your interactions with others. Your friends and family will appreciate your company more when you’re flexible.
- Enjoy free entertainment. Broadway shows and video games are expensive. Laughing at yourself is a bargain.